We had an excellent 4th of July. Lots of fireworks and yummy food! My mother-in-law got a firework permit for us to pop our fireworks at her house, she also cooked a wonderful dinner and invited my parents over to partake in the festivities. It was a lot of fun.
I also managed to finish a toe up sock. The pattern is from Wendy Knit’s blog and the yarn is Knitpicks Stroll Handpainted sock yarn in the make believe colorway.
1. I went to my 10 year high school reunion last month. Out of 15 graduates 5 made it to the reunion. I was the only girl.
5. I decided to rip out my Rick sock and reuse the yarn for some basic toe up socks and use different yarn for the Rick pattern. I think the pattern will pop better in a more solid color yarn.
8. I did some clearance shopping at Old Navy this evening. I walked away with some cute jammie pants, a t-shirt, and a super cute cardigan. I love clearance shopping!
9. We saw the following movies:
– Prince of Persia = very good movie
– Eclipse = it was okay….the book was better
– The Last Airbender = it was pretty good (the cartoons are pretty good too)